Contemporary Hero's Quest Presentation
Pick a contemporary story in the form of a novel, movie, or video game that is inspired by a mythological epic or hero's quest.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes about the contemporary hero's or heroine's quest. Refer to the University of Phoenix Material "Help With Microsoft® PowerPoint® Assignments" for additional help.
Include the following in your presentation:
· Brief description of the plight of the main character--the feat(s) he or she must execute for the benefit of society in the face of challenges
· The villain, his or her characteristics, and role in the hero's quest
· Other archetypes within the story and a brief description of their roles in the hero's quest
· Detailed description of each stage of the hero's quest: initiation, separation, transformation, and return
· Research about the mythological and cultural origins of the story; explain parallels between the myth(s) and the contemporary story it inspired
· Analysis of any mythological symbolism, metaphors, and attributes pertinent to the story. What real life elements might these items represent?
· Explanation of the conflicts between personal desires and community responsibility represented in the myth and the contemporary story
· Relate these to the conflicts and choices ordinary humans struggle with.
· Explain why these conflicts retain relevance through the ages.
Include citations and references throughout your assignment. APA formatting is preferred but not required