ACC 291 Brief Discussions
- IFRS 10-2: Explain how IFRS defines a contingent liability and provide an example.
- IFRS 10-3: Briefly describe some similarities and differences between GAAP and IFRS with respect to the accounting for liabilities.
- What is the difference of a stock split and a stock dividend? Why would a company use either of these and what is the effect of them on the financial statements?
- 98% of companies utilize the big four accounting firms for their audits. Why do you think that is so and what are some advantages or disadvantages you see that the big four accounting firms have over the smaller ones?
- Is there such a thing as a reverse stock split and if so why would a company do one?
- What is the difference between a stock dividend and a cash dividend and which would you prefer if you are an investor?
- Can anyone tell me why a company would want to do a reverse stock split since it is considered usually as not a good thing compared to a forward stock split that is?
- Brief discussion on “Cost Method”.
- Brief discussion on “Fair Value”.
- Brief discussion “Long-Term Investments”.